Thursday, November 5, 2009

This picked my spirits up a bit...

In a nutshell, I've been needing a serious pick-me-up lately and as I was flipping through the pages of Kanye West's, Thank You and You're Welcome, not only were my anxieties and frustrations slightly relieved, I had a eureka moment.

Basically, everything happens for a reason. Even the most depressing, defeating moments in life somehow lead or open doors to new, exciting opportunities that in many cases are far better than one's original desire.
.....
Kanye talks about a "nameless" artist who used some of his beats, but when it was time to buy beats from Kanye for his studio album, he didn't bother, leaving Mr. West slighted, confused, and even crushed.
.....
Can you guess how this story ends?
The beats Kanye originally made for "nameless,"ended up being used by Jay-Z!
Bam, Kanye gets a career.
Amazing.
.....
So, maybe if my subpar SAT scores result in a rejection letter from my dream school, it will lead to bigger and better things.
Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.